"Peter Phippen's music comes from the heart and touches
the soul. That is God's gift to a musician."
– G. S. Sachdev, Bansuri Flute Master
"Phippen has his own style--a style worth noticing."
– Arizona Daily Sun
"Phippen's tune, Lascaux is a shaman's dream."
– RJ Lannan - Zone Music Reporter
“After hearing Peter play, no one can doubt his aptitude.”
– Sarah Dobs - Volume One, Eau Claire, WI
"A rare find for lovers of flute music."
– New Age Retailer, Music News and Reviews
"Peter Phippen astonishes us again with flutes that are
played with a style that extends beyond imagination".
– Ethnotempos, France
"Words like 'ethereal' and 'superb' work well on his list of critical superlatives."
– David P. DeMar, Jr., Watertown Daily Times, New York
"Phippen's flute expresses reverence, sorrow, joy and love
with soft haunting clarity."
– Victory Acoustic Magazine
“Peter Phippen is a heaven-born flutist. His flutes are so precise in reproducing the finest nuances of human emotions.”
– Serge Kozlovsky, Belarus Music Reviewer
"Like a call in the wild, the alluring, soothing, hypnotic tones of the wind instruments lulled and enchanted."
– Dunn County News, Menomonie, Wisconsin
"Phippen’s flutes are melodic and passionate yet never flashy, and enhance the peaceful moods of the compositions."
– Steve Huey, All Music
"To say Peter exemplified professionalism and sheer genius on the stage would be an understatement. He played for over two hours and still had people wanting more."
– Dr. LJ Baylis, President, The Findley Lake Nature Center, Findley Lake, NY
"Peter is a true artist in that he enlightens through performance. I have had the opportunity to witness this kind of artistry only infrequently during performances by R. Carlos Nakai and Branford Marsalis. Peter Ranks among these world class performers in terms of his virtuosity".
– Paula Stuettgen, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Summer Sessions Programs
"Peter is a real Phenomenon, He has shown a real talent with early Native American Aerophones. I hope others will enjoy his music as much as I."
– Dr. Richard W. Payne, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Author of "The Native American Plains Flute," "The Hopi Flute Ceremony" and "Indigenous Aerophones of the Northwest Coast"
"Peter is a consummate musician and a generous educator. As a performer, his mastery of such a variety of world flute styles is astounding. The subtlety of his performance was transcendent."
– Brian Pertl, Dean, Lawrence Conservatory of Music
"We have just finished sponsoring a two day residency
with Peter Phippen. It has been one of the most successful we have
had. Mr. Phippen's presentation of ethnic wind instruments and story-telling
is not only unique, but an excellent musical experience. It is without
reservation that I recommend Mr. Phippen for Educational Presentations
at any grade level. He is very adept at varying the program to fit
his audience. Do not hesitate; your students deserve this experience."
– Denny Vance, Residency Coordinator, L.A.C.E.S. Committee of Independence, Independence, Iowa
“Our students were captivated by Peter’s
stories and explanations as well as his talent and skill. At one
point during the concert I thought to myself, ‘I wouldn’t
rather be any place at this moment but here with our students enjoying
this wonderful musical presentation.”
– Jeffrey A. Davis, Principal, Senior High School, Edwards-Knox Central School District, Russell, New York
"Yes I do recall very vividly, hearing your unusually
fine handling of a variety of flutes. Your approach with the instruments
was personal and direct. I thought to myself, Peter would be very
good for schools, introducing students to such a lovely, lyrical
group of instruments--taking them on many musical journeys around
the world via flutes".
– Ella Jenkins, Smithsonian/Folkways Recording Artist
"I am delighted to recommend Mr. Peter Phippen to any organization seeking an outstanding music educator and/or a wonderfully entertaining and talented performer of world flutes. He is a gifted and dedicated teacher who patiently guides his students to high levels of achievement, and his music performances are always exciting, fun and informative. We are most pleased with Peter's work in the Dallas Community Colleges and expect to have a continuing relationship with him for many years to come."
– Bill Tucker, Vice Chancellor, Dallas Community College District, Dallas, Texas
"Phippen's flute playing is overwhelmingly beautiful and enchanting, some of the most gentle and heartfelt that I have heard. CNU music majors are still talking about Peter's performance. They were stunned, amazed and delighted! Peter's considerable knowledge, professionalism, and tremendous enthusiasm really impacted the students in a positive way."
– Dr. Kathleen Joyce-Grendahl, Executive Director, World Flute Society